Become a Member of SCHS
"Preserving the Past for the Future"
We invite you to join the growing number of SCHS members who delight in learning more about Sauk County's extensive and fascinating past. Our members are engaged in Sauk County's history through a variety of exhibits, programs, and special events all sharing the unique tales of the past!
The society currently holds a summer picnic and a fall banquet/ business meeting. Other events include a biennial tour of historic homes, cemetery tours and historical presentations. Annually the William H. Canfield History Award is given to someone who demonstrates a love of history and its preservation. Workshops and seminars are also occasionally given.
- Six SCHS newsletters per year
- Discounts on merchandise
- Discounts on select events
- Discounts on written research requests
- Free walk-in research at the history center
- Voting rights at the annual meeting
You Membership dollars support:
- The collection and preservation of artifacts and archival matereial
- Educational outreach to area students, adults and senior citizens
- The operation of the history center and the museum
- The ongoing preservation of Native American heritage sites